Browse Items (10 total)

  • Tags: Baker

Photograph of 323 W. Macon St.

HO118-323_W_Macon_St001.jpg
Photograph of the house at 323 W. Macon St. This house was built by Smith E. Walker in 1912. His widow, Mabel Mills Walker, still lived there in 1954.

Photograph of 836 N Church St

HO38-836_N_CHURCH_ST,  J_W_OSGOOD_APT_HSE, 11-19-1911.jpg
Photograph of 836 N Church St. This apartment house was built by J.W. Osgood in 1911. It has changed owners several times and was bought by Ralph E. McDaniel from Rosa Bauer in 1951. It is known as the McDaniel Apartments.

Photograph of N. Franklin at the 300 Block at North St.

HO50-300_BLK_N_FRANKLIN_ST, BERRY_CASSELL_HSE, 1ST_BRICK_HSE, 1-21-1951.jpg
Photograph of the house at N. Franklin and the 300 block at North St. This house, the first brick house in Decatur, stood for many years on the southeast corner of Franklin and North streets where the Sears Roebuck & Co. farm store was in 1955. It…

Photograph of No. 1 Millikin Place

HO30-N0 1 MILLIKIN PLACE, 12-1-1912.jpg
Photograph of No. 1 Millikin Place. This house was built by Robert Mueller in 1911 and 1912. His widow, Addie E., still lived there in 1954.

Photograph of the Carnegie Library Staff of 1928

LB77-DECATUR PL-4, STAFF, 3-30-1928006.jpg
Photograph of the Carnegie Library Staff taken March 30, 1928. Seated left to right: Miss. Dill, city librarian; Miss Wayne, Miss Pollock, Miss Hunt, Miss La Rue, Miss Newell, Miss Baker. Standing left to right: Miss Davis, Miss V. White, Miss Hogle,…

Photographs of 1165 W. Main St.

HO334-1165_W_Main_St-Della_P_Gushard_home-1912024.jpg
Photographs of 1165 W. Main St. This house, known as the Della P. Gushard home was built in 1912. In 1953 the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity moved into the house. They had previously occupied it from 1924 to 1932.

Photographs of 230 W. Prairie Ave.

HO364-Houses_230_W_Prairie_Ave_Bradshaw_Apts_1-23-1948_403.jpg
Photographs of 230 W. Prairie Ave. This was the home of John R. Bradshaw, known as the Bradshaw apartments. It was sold by H. Vincent Allen, grandson of Bradshaw, to Mrs. M.E. Grover in 1948. The 1954 city directory listed it as being owned by Mrs.…

Photographs of 413 W. Decatur St.

HO312-Houses_413_W_Decatur_C1900_.jpg
Photographs of 413 W. Decatur St. The house was built by E.R. Eldridge about 1870 and sold before completion to Peter Wikoff and his son-in-law and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. J.N. Baker, who left the house to their daughter, Mrs. Forrest File. In 1950 it…

Photographs of 505 Powers Lane

HO281-Ewing House_1914_082.jpg
Photograph of the Ewing House and 505 Powers Lane built in 1910 and 1911 by Charles A. Ewing and designed by Frederick Perkins. Ewing's wife, Idelle K., lived there in 1954.

Photographs of No. 4 Millikin Place

HO252-4Millikin_Place-Adolph_Mueller_House_1912032.jpg
Photographs of No. 4 Millikin Place. This house was built by Adolph Mueller in 1912. It was sold in 1946 to Richard S. Reeser.