Photograph of the Dennis School Building Site

Dublin Core

Title

Photograph of the Dennis School Building Site

Subject

Schools
Dennis School
Photo File: Schools
Decatur IL
1909

Description

Photograph of the Dennis School building site taken in 1909 shortly before the school was built. This house once stood where the Dennis building now stands and this area used to be on the very edge of town, practically in the woods. Land on which the school was built was donated by Andrew Dennis. This photo was taken about 1909 and the address of the house was 1509 W. Main St. The 1909 city directory lists Edward and Nora Welch at the address of this house.

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Schools

Publisher

Herald and Review
Decatur Public Library, Decatur IL

Date

1909

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials canto be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg
600 dpi

Language

English

Type

Photograph

Identifier

SC251

Coverage

Schools, Dennis School, Photo File: Schools, Decatur IL, 1909

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

5.5 x 7.5"

Files

SC251-Schools_Dennis_School_C1909_.jpg

Collection

Citation

Herald and Review, “Photograph of the Dennis School Building Site,” Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed March 28, 2020, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/3759.