Bachman Bros. & Martin Co. Building

Dublin Core

Title

Bachman Bros. & Martin Co. Building

Subject

Buildings
Decatur, IL.
Macon County, IL.
J. K. Stafford Collection
M/M Jack French
YMCA
Decatur Club

Description

Photograph the construction of the Bachman Bros. & Martin Co. building. This building was constructed in 1912-1913 with the formal opening in Sept. 1913. The name was changed to Bachman Co. in 1923. In October 1924 Linn & Scruggs moved into this building. In the background note the old YMCA and across the street the house where the Decatur Club building is now. Print from J. K. Stafford Collection of negatives taken in the late 1890's and early 1900's which were in the possession of Mr. and Mrs. Jack French of Cerro Gordo in 1954; recovered from Stafford attic in July 1953.

Creator

J. K. Stafford

Source

Cerro Gordo, IL.

Publisher

Decatur Public Library, Decatur, IL.

Date

1890-1900

Contributor

J. K. Stafford
M/M Jack French

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg

Language

English

Type

photograph

Identifier

BD1, BD2, BD3

Coverage

Buildings, Bachman Bros. & Martin Co., Linnn & Scruggs, YMCA, Decatur Club, Decatur, IL., J. K. Stafford Collection, M/M Jack French.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

photograph

Physical Dimensions

8 x 10"

Files

BD2-Bachman_Bros_building002.jpg
BD1-Bachman_Bros_building001.jpg
BD3-Bachman_Bros_building003.jpg
BD4-Bachman_Bros_building004.jpg

Citation

J. K. Stafford, “Bachman Bros. & Martin Co. Building,” Decatur Illinois Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed July 24, 2019, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/2500.