Browse Items (1291 total)

  • Tags: Decatur IL.

Photo of Rev. W. H. Prestley

CH92-PRESBYTERIAN, REV_W_H_PRESTLEY, 2-26-1907.jpg
Photograph of Rev. W. H. Prestley; (died 5/7/1914). Pastor of the Presbyterian church in Decatur for 13 years. He came to the church in Decatur in 1876. After leaving Decatur in 1890 he went to Kankakee and remained there until 1897, when he went to…

Photograph of William Hitt Penhallegon

CH91-PRESBYTERIAN, REV_PENHALLEGON.jpg
Photograph of Rev. William Hitt Penhallegon, (born in Wales, came to America in 1870, died 10/22/1926). Pastor of First Presbyterian Church from 1890's to 1915. For more information see the Decatur Daily Review; 10/23/1926.

Photos of Eastminster Presbyterian Church

CH61-PREBYSTERIAN_EASTMINISTER_1952.jpg
Photographs of the exterior of Eastminster Presbyterian Church, 1549 E. Locust Street, Decatur, IL. Photograph of the interior of Eastminster Presbyterian.

Photo of Rev. Leon W. Kern

CH49-UNITED_METHODIST,  REV_LEON_W_KERN, 8-11-1927.jpg
Photograph of Rev. Leon W. Kern; first pastor Wesley Methodist Church, Brush College Road, (1927-1928). Attended Millikin University while here. Photo by Seitz Studio. Ran Review 11/13/1927.

Photo of Trueblood Memorial United Methodist Church

CH55-UNITED METHODIST, TRUEBLOOD MEMORIAL_1920.jpg
Photograph of Trueblood Memorial United Methodist Church, 1768 N. Maple Ave., Decatur, IL. Last service at that church was 6/2/2002. (Information from H&R 6/2/2002.)

Photo of Third United Methodist Church

CH54-UNITED METHODIST, THIRD_1100E_LOCUST_1950.jpg
Photograph of Third United Methodist Church, 1100 E. Locust Street, Decatur, IL. The last church service was held on 6/2/2002. (Information from Herald and Review; 6/2/2002.) Building is now Central Illinois Christian in Missions, second hand store.

Photo of St. Paul's United Methodist Church

CH53-UNITED METHODIST_ST PAULS_1959.jpg
Photograph of St. Paul's United Methodist Church, 1305 E. Prairie Street, Decatur, IL. The last service at St. Paul's was held 6/2/2002. (Information Herald and Review; 6/2/2002). The building now houses Life Changers Church, pastor Bishop…