Photograph of Unused Site for Decatur & Macon County Hospital

Dublin Core

Title

Photograph of Unused Site for Decatur & Macon County Hospital

Subject

Hospitals
Decatur Memorial Hospital
Photo File: Hospitals
Decatur IL
1903

Description

Photograph of the unused land bought by the Bethsaida Hospital Association in 1903 for the future Decatur & Macon County Hospital, later called Decatur Memorial Hospital. The hospital movement was started by Mrs. Susan Hagaman and she formed the Bethsaida Hospital Association in 1902. The land was in what is now Park Place. The hospital was not built on that site and the land was later sold, the proceeds of which started the funds for the hospital, which was built on N. Edward St.

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Hospitals

Publisher

Herald and Review
Decatur Public Library, Decatur IL

Date

1903

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg
600 dpi

Language

English

Type

Photograph

Identifier

HS7

Coverage

Hospitals, Photo File: Hospitals, Decatur IL, 1903

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

5 x 7.5"

Files

HS7-DMCH-building_fund.jpg

Citation

Herald and Review, “Photograph of Unused Site for Decatur & Macon County Hospital,” Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed September 21, 2019, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/3160.