Browse Items (91 total)

  • Tags: house

Photograph of N. Franklin at the 300 Block at North St.

HO50-300_BLK_N_FRANKLIN_ST, BERRY_CASSELL_HSE, 1ST_BRICK_HSE, 1-21-1951.jpg
Photograph of the house at N. Franklin and the 300 block at North St. This house, the first brick house in Decatur, stood for many years on the southeast corner of Franklin and North streets where the Sears Roebuck & Co. farm store was in 1955. It…

Photograph of the Stapp Lions

HO49-252_N_FRANKLIN_ST, DR_J_T_B_STAPP_HSE059.jpg
These lions were purchased by Dr. J.T.B. Stapp and placed in front of his home at 252 N. Franklin St. in the early 1880's. This house was later purchased by I.A. Harkrader. The lions stood at that address until Mrs. Rollo C. Persinger, who last…

Photographs of 268 W. Eldorado, The Commons Cadet House

HO107-268_W_Eldorado_St-1907001.jpg
Photographs of 268 W. Eldorado St. In 1907 this house was the clubhouse of the Decatur Cadets. It was known as the "Commons Cadet House". Previous to this it was the home of Dr. S.J. Bumstead.

Photograph of 247 W. Eldorado

HO109-247_W_ELDORADO_ST, NATHAN_TUPPER-_HSE, 9-2-1906.jpg
Photograph of 247 W. Eldorado St. Part of this house was built in 1855 and more of it in 1857. A man from Jacksonville, IL was building the house in 1855 and had only three rooms done when Nathan W. Tupper bought it from him. In 1857 the second story…

Photograph of 1324 W. Eldorado

HO321-Houses_1324_W_Eldorado_St_8-2-1951_0005.jpg
Photo of 1324 W. Eldorado St taken on August 2, 1951.

Photograph of 519 W. Eldorado

HO320-Houses_519_W_Eldorado_St_6-8-1950_0006.jpg
Photograph of 519 W. Eldorado St. taken on June 6, 1950.

Photograph of 336 E. Eldorado

HO14-336_E_ELDORADO_ST, W_L_FERGUSON_HSE_C1946_.jpg
Photograph of 336 E. Eldorado St. This house was built by W. L. Ferguson in 1904. According to the city directories it was owned by Albert W. Stephens in 1930 and be Albert Scholz in 1946, who still owned it in 1954.

Photograph of the Corner of Jackson and Eldorado

HO237-Houses_400_Blk_E_Eldorado_6-28-1908_069.jpg
Photograph of the house at the 400 block of E. Eldorado at the corner of Jackson St. It was built by George Haworth in 1881-1882. Haworth sold the property to Moses Stafford who sold it to St. Patrick's Catholic Church in 1891 to be used for a parish…

Photograph of 339 N. Edward St.

HO265-Houses_339_N_Edward_Virgil-Houran_6-22-1939_348.jpg
Photograph of 339 N. Edward St. taken June 22, 1939.

Photograph of Northwest Corner of Edward and William Streets

HO44-EDWARD_&_WILLIAM_ST, NW_CORNER, 12-6-1946.jpg
Photograph of the house at the Northwest corner of Edward and William Street taken December 6, 1946.