Browse Items (174 total)

  • Tags: Photo File: Houses

Photographs of 1646 Buena Vista

HO221-1646_Buena_Vista-Marjorie_Tomes_rental_house-c1990046.jpg
Photographs of 1646 Buena Vista taken in 1990. This was Marjorie Tomes rental house, originally a Decatur Defense home.

Photograph of 861 W. William St.

HO404-Houses_861_W_William_St_4-18-1951_0007.jpg
Photograph of 861 W. William St., taken April 18, 1951.

Photograph of 878 W. William St.

HO405-Houses_878_W_William_St_10-19-1946_0024.jpg
Photograph of 878 W. William St., taken October 19, 1946.

Photographs of 1769 N. Water St.

HO68-1769_N_Water-Milton_Johnson_House005.jpg
Photographs of 1769 N. Water St. This house was built by Milton Johnson, Sr. in 1892. It was sold to Frank L. Suffern in 1911. In 1954 it was an apartment house.

Photograph of 1345 N. Water St.

HO71-1345_N_Water-Dr_Walston_house006.jpg
Photograph of 1345 N. Water St. This house was built by Dr. R.L. Walston. It was left to Harry B. Ziegler who later sold it to Blanch V. Shriver. Mrs. Shriver sold it to Paul G. Kashefska in 1945 and he sold it to Fred M. Byers in 1946. In 1947 Mr.…

Photographs of 360 E. Wood St.

HO241-Houses_360_E_Wood_Const_By_W-P-Shade_1894_111.jpg
Photographs of 360 E. Wood St. This house was built by W.P. Shade in 1894. In 1946 it was sold to Lawrence W. Price and Edgar E. Evans, veterinarians, by Lewis W. Shade, son of W.P. Shade. It was remodeled and then used as an apartment house before…

Photograph of 1310 W. Wood St.

HO202-1310_W_Wood-MUPres_Dr_AR_Taylor_home004.jpg
Photograph of 1310 W. Wood St. This house was built in 1908 by Dr. A.R. Taylor, former president of Millikin University. In 1913 it was sold to the Kappa Delta Chi fraternity and later occupied by Sigma Alpha Epsilon when the two fraternities merged.…