Photographs of the Culver House

Dublin Core

Title

Photographs of the Culver House

Subject

Houses
Photo File: Houses
Decatur IL
1887

Description

412 W. Prairie Ave. John H. Culver home, built around 1887. It was sold to Roy Phillips in 1950 by Elizabeth C. Shellabarger, daughter of John H. Culver. Phillips remodeled it into apartments. A fire in 1979 caused extensive damage to the attic and third floor of the home and it was in a state of disrepair for many years and almost demolished. The home originally consisted of ten bedrooms and a tiled ballroom on the third floor.

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Houses

Publisher

Herald and Review
Decatur Public Library, Decatur IL

Date

1887

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg
600 dpi

Language

English

Type

Photograph

Identifier

HO12
HO225-HO226
HO374

Coverage

Houses, Photo File: Houses, Decatur IL, 1887

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

4.75 x 6.5"
6 x 7.5"
6 x 8"

Files

HO12-412_W_PRAIRIE_ST, JOHN_H_CULVER_HSE.jpg
HO225-412_W_Prairie_St-John_Culver_house-1899045.jpg
HO226-Culver House_412 W Prairie_1888_078.jpg
HO374-412_W_Prairie_St_10-24-1958_117.jpg

Collection

Citation

Herald and Review , “Photographs of the Culver House,” Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed October 15, 2019, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/3170.