Browse Items (21 total)

  • Tags: 1934

Photo of Curly's Tavern.

BS1022-curlys tavern.jpg
Photograph of Curly's Tavern located at 2683 N. Water Street, Decatur, IL. owner O. E. LaBoyteau.

Photographs of Children at Ft. Daniel School
Photographs of Ft. Daniel School Building, children standing in the yard, c. 1910. Photo of children from the Ft. Daniel School taken in 1934.

Waterworks Park
These are photos of the Waterworks Park. The photos show kids playing at the park, Ten Gallon Lil fountain, the Municipal Theatre, and Lincoln Park Dr. The photos were taken by Decatur Herald & Review.

Nelson Park - Pavilion
These are photos and negatives of the Nelson Park pavilions, both the old pavilion (c. 1910) and the new one. Also shown is the opening night dance of the new pavilion on July 14, 1931. The photos were taken by Rembrandt Studio and the Herald and…

Photographs Decatur High School in 1930's.
Photos of Decatur High School Building, Students and Students in Wood Working Class and Classroom, Parking lot on North corner.

Photos of East Main Street, Decatur, IL.
Photograph of people and dog, 200 Block E. Main St. at Water St. The Millikin Bank is the building in the foreground, photo ran Review 4/3/1910. Photos of 432 E. Main St. taken in 1943 and 1934. Photos of Ford Garage E. Main and Franklin, taken 1927.…

Photograph of Decatur's Charles Dressen
Photograph of Charles Dressen, who was recruited from Decatur and went on to play major league baseball for the Cincinnati Reds in 1919. This photograph was taken On September 24th, 1934.

Photograph of the Wabash R.R. Steam Locomotive #214
Photograph of the Wabash R.R. class D-29, 4-4-0 steam locomotive #214 in Hammond IL, taken on March 4th 1934. Caption: Last run of Green's Train.

Photo of Sewer along Cantrell Street, Decatur, IL.
Photograph of Sewers along Cantrell Street, Decatur, IL. Photograph of the collapsed section of sewer along Cantrell Street east of Franklin. Photographs of Cantrell and Broadway Streets.

Photograph of 242 E. Grand Ave.
Photograph of 242 E. Grand Ave. from 1934. Grand Ave. was formerly known as Herkimer St. J.J. Maloney lived in this house before he moved in 1902. According to the city directory, Mrs. Georgia Greanias lived there in 1954.