Photo of Decatur Traction and Electric Co. Power House

Dublin Core

Title

Photo of Decatur Traction and Electric Co. Power House

Subject

Business
Buildings
Power Co.
Decatur, IL.

Description

Photograph of Decatur Traction and Electric Co. Power House, 405-409 Wabash Avenue. Built in 1899 and abandoned as power house five years later. It was used by several different firms as a warehouse and was torn down in June 1937.

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Busines

Publisher

Herald and Review, Decatur, IL.
Decatur Public Library, Decatur, IL.

Date

c. 1900's

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg

Language

English

Type

photograph

Identifier

BS147

Coverage

Business, Buildings, Decatur Traction and Electric Co., Photo File: Business, Herald and Review, Decatur, IL.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

photograph

Physical Dimensions

6.5 x 8"

Files

BS147-Decatur_Traction+Electric_Co-new_power_house_C1899_001.jpg

Citation

Herald and Review, “Photo of Decatur Traction and Electric Co. Power House,” Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed September 20, 2019, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/2692.