Photographs of 401 N. College Rd.

Dublin Core

Title

Photographs of 401 N. College Rd.

Subject

Houses
Photo File: Houses
Decatur IL

Description

Photograph of 401 N. College Rd. This house was built by William B. Chambers in the late 1880's. Around 1888 it was sold to Silas Packard. In 1915 it was sold to Attorney James T. Whitley who resold it the same year to C.E. England. England completely rebuilt the house and lived there until 1947 when he sold it to Fred Stalain who remodeled it into an apartment house.

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Houses

Publisher

Herald and Review
Decatur Public Library, Decatur IL

Date

1880's

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg
600 dpi

Language

English

Type

Photograph

Identifier

HO22
HO25

Coverage

Houses, Photo File: Houses, Decatur IL, 1880's

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

4.5 x 6.5"
5 x 8"

Files

HO21-401 N COLLEGE, ENGLAND MANSION, 12-9-1933.jpg
HO22-401_N_COLLEGE_ST-2, C_E_ENGLAND-HOME, C1900.jpg

Collection

Citation

Herald and Review, “Photographs of 401 N. College Rd.,” Decatur Illinois Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed June 19, 2019, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/3180.