Photograph of the 200 Block at William St. and N. Church St.

Dublin Core

Title

Photograph of the 200 Block at William St. and N. Church St.

Subject

Houses
Photo File: Houses
Decatur IL
1914

Description

Photograph of the houses at the 200 block at William St. and N. Church St. on the Southwest corner. Dr. S.T. Trowbridge bought it from William Traver some time before the Civil War. It then stood on N. Water St. between William and North. Dr. Trowbridge moved it to the Church St. site. After Dr. Trowbridge left Decatur it was turned into a boarding house. It was torn down in May 1914 by C.C. Walters who had bought it from the Odd Fellows Lodge. In 1922 the Commodore Apartments were built on that site.

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Houses

Publisher

Herald and Review
Decatur Public Library, Decatur IL

Date

1914

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg
600 dpi

Language

English

Type

Photograph

Identifier

HO39

Coverage

Houses, Photo File: Houses, Decatur IL, 1914

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

5 x 7"

Files

HO39-200_BLOCK_N_CHURCH_ST, DR_S_T_TROWBRIDGE_HSE, 2-19-1911.jpg

Collection

Citation

Herald and Review, “Photograph of the 200 Block at William St. and N. Church St.,” Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed November 14, 2019, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/3179.