Photograph of 261 & 275 W. Decatur St.

Dublin Core

Title

Photograph of 261 & 275 W. Decatur St.

Subject

Houses
Photo File: Houses
1900

Description

Photograph of 261 & 275 W. Decatur St. The house on the left, 261, was acquired by Jason Rogers in 1877. It had been built several years previous to this. Jeanette Rogers, daughter of Jason Rogers, died in 1949 and in 1951 the house was acquired by Dean B. Gorham. The house on the right, 275, was first listed in the city directory in 1904 and was then occupied by Frank L. Evans. From 1905 to 1914 it was occupied by Harry L. Oldham. In 1917 H. Dwight Spencer moved into the house. His son, H. Dwight Spencer, Jr., still lived there in 1954.

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Houses

Publisher

Herald and Review
Decatur Public Library, Decatur IL

Date

1900

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg
600 dpi

Language

English

Type

Photograph

Identifier

HO103

Coverage

Houses, Photo File: Houses, Decatur IL

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

5 x 8"

Files

HO103-261_&_275_W_ DECATUR, C1900.jpg

Collection

Citation

Herald and Review, “Photograph of 261 & 275 W. Decatur St.,” Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed October 15, 2019, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/3182.