Photograph of 247 W. Eldorado

Dublin Core

Title

Photograph of 247 W. Eldorado

Subject

Houses
Photo File: Houses
Decatur IL
1855-1857

Description

Photograph of 247 W. Eldorado St. Part of this house was built in 1855 and more of it in 1857. A man from Jacksonville, IL was building the house in 1855 and had only three rooms done when Nathan W. Tupper bought it from him. In 1857 the second story was added. Mrs. Tupper died in 1916. It was acquired by P.J. Walsh about 1921 and Mrs. Mary S. Walsh still lived there in 1954.

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Houses

Publisher

Herald and Review
Decatur Public Library, Decatur IL

Date

1855-1857

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg
600 dpi

Language

English

Type

Photograph

Identifier

HO109

Coverage

Houses, Photo File: Houses, Decatur IL, 1855-1857

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

4.5 x 5.5"

Files

HO109-247_W_ELDORADO_ST, NATHAN_TUPPER-_HSE, 9-2-1906.jpg

Collection

Citation

Herald and Review, “Photograph of 247 W. Eldorado,” Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed August 23, 2019, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/3201.