Photograph of 925 N. Main St.

Dublin Core

Title

Photograph of 925 N. Main St.

Subject

Houses
Photo File: Houses
Decatur IL
1865-1866

Description

Photograph of 925 N. Main St. This house was built in 1865 and 1866 by J.Q. Brown who lived there until about 1874 when he sold it to Dr. W.A. Barnes. Dr. Barnes sold it in 1891 to James D. Tait, who left it to his son, Joseph S. Tait. In 1921 the Grace Methodist Church purchased it from Mrs. Martha E. Tait for an addition to their site at the corner of Main and King. This church was destroyed by fire in 1934 and a new church was erected on the same site.

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Houses

Publisher

Herald and Review
Decatur Public Library, Decatur IL

Date

1865-1866

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg
600 dpi

Language

English

Type

Photograph

Identifier

HO59

Coverage

Houses, Photo File: Houses, Decatur IL, 1865, 1866

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

5 x 7.5"

Files

HO59-925 N MAIN 1905, SITE OF GRACE METHODIST.jpg

Collection

Citation

Herald and Review, “Photograph of 925 N. Main St.,” Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed June 6, 2020, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/3233.