Photo of Haworth Block 200 N. Water St., Decatur, IL.

Dublin Core

Title

Photo of Haworth Block 200 N. Water St., Decatur, IL.

Subject

Buildings
Haworth Block
200 N. Water St.
Decatur, IL.
Photo File: Buildings

Description

Photograph of building: 200 Block N. Water at N. Park Streets. This building stood at the corner of N. Water and N. Parks Street from 1884 to 1909. It is the Haworth block built by James H. Haworth in 1883-1884. It was the first building in the city to have an elevator which was put in to serve the Decatur Club on the third floor. A shoe store was first occupant of the corner room. George W. Scovill moved his furniture store into the building in 1897 and occupied it until it was sold to the Citizens National Bank by Mrs. Caroline Powers in December 1908. The present Citizens bank building was then erected. Photo taken 5/15/1908. Ran Sept 12, 1935.

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Buildings

Publisher

Herald and Review, Decatur, IL.
Decatur Public Library, Decatur, IL.

Date

5/15/1908

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on material featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contract the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg

Language

English

Type

photograph

Identifier

BD93

Coverage

Buildings, Haworth Block, 200 N. Main, N. Main & N. Park, Decatur, IL., Citizens National Bank, Photo File: Buildings, Herald and Review

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

photograph

Physical Dimensions

2.5 x 3.5"

Files

http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/files/original/f3b6203d2f276bc9ac2728c8ae1b034a.jpg

Citation

Herald and Review, “Photo of Haworth Block 200 N. Water St., Decatur, IL.,” Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed June 16, 2024, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/2557.