Browse Items (19 total)

  • Tags: Apartments

Photographs of 1769 N. Water St.

HO68-1769_N_Water-Milton_Johnson_House005.jpg
Photographs of 1769 N. Water St. This house was built by Milton Johnson, Sr. in 1892. It was sold to Frank L. Suffern in 1911. In 1954 it was an apartment house.

Photographs of 360 E. Wood St.

HO241-Houses_360_E_Wood_Const_By_W-P-Shade_1894_111.jpg
Photographs of 360 E. Wood St. This house was built by W.P. Shade in 1894. In 1946 it was sold to Lawrence W. Price and Edgar E. Evans, veterinarians, by Lewis W. Shade, son of W.P. Shade. It was remodeled and then used as an apartment house before…

Photograph of 1310 W. Wood St.

HO202-1310_W_Wood-MUPres_Dr_AR_Taylor_home004.jpg
Photograph of 1310 W. Wood St. This house was built in 1908 by Dr. A.R. Taylor, former president of Millikin University. In 1913 it was sold to the Kappa Delta Chi fraternity and later occupied by Sigma Alpha Epsilon when the two fraternities merged.…

Photographs of 351 W. William St.

HO171-351_W_WILLIAM_ST, M_W_SCHULTZ_HSE.jpg
Photographs of 351 W. William St. This was the M.W. Schultz home built in the late 1800's. It was listed as an apartment house in the 1954 city directory.

Photographs of 444 S. Webster

HO86-444 S WEBSTER FRONT VIEW.jpg
Photographs of 444 S. Webster. This house was first listed in the city directory of 1883. It was built around this time by William L. Oakes who owned the Decatur Novelty Works. In 1920 his son, George R. Oakes was listed as the owner of the property…

Photograph of 445 W. Prairie Ave.

HO163-445_W_PRAIRIE_ST, 12-1-1912.jpg
Photograph of 445 W. Prairie Ave. This apartment house was built by Edward Drobisch in 1912.

Photographs of 467 W. Prairie Ave.

HO165-467_W_PRAIRIE_ST, WILLIAM_T&ELIZABETH_N_WELLS_HSE, 4-30-1905.jpg
Photographs of 467 W. Prairie Ave. This was the home of William T. and Elizabeth H. Wells. It was bought in 1935 by Everett Mueller from the estate of Mrs. Wells. Muellers moved in 1942 and the house was acquired by Mrs. Carrie A. Suffern. In 1946 it…

Photographs of 348 W. Prairie Ave.

HO141-348_W_PRAIRIE_ST, F_M_YOUNG_HOUSE.jpg
Photographs of 348 W. Prairie Ave. It was the home of F. M. Young. He sold it to George A. Keller in 1903. In 1954 it was owned by Mollie M. Drobisch and it was an apartment house. It is not the Webster Cantrell Hall Annex.

Photographs of 230 W. Prairie Ave.

HO364-Houses_230_W_Prairie_Ave_Bradshaw_Apts_1-23-1948_403.jpg
Photographs of 230 W. Prairie Ave. This was the home of John R. Bradshaw, known as the Bradshaw apartments. It was sold by H. Vincent Allen, grandson of Bradshaw, to Mrs. M.E. Grover in 1948. The 1954 city directory listed it as being owned by Mrs.…

Photograph of 347 W. North St.

HO351-347_W_North_St-1905_037.jpg
Photograph of 347 W. North St. This house originally stood on Lincoln Square at the south end of Central Block but was moved to this North street address about 1859, or earlier, and was thought to have been built 15 or 20 years before that. In 1904…