Browse Items (10 total)
- Tags: Apartment
Photographs of 1769 N. Water St.
Photographs of 1769 N. Water St. This house was built by Milton Johnson, Sr. in 1892. It was sold to Frank L. Suffern in 1911. In 1954 it was an apartment house.
Photographs of 360 E. Wood St.
Photographs of 360 E. Wood St. This house was built by W.P. Shade in 1894. In 1946 it was sold to Lawrence W. Price and Edgar E. Evans, veterinarians, by Lewis W. Shade, son of W.P. Shade. It was remodeled and then used as an apartment house before…
Photographs of 351 W. William St.
Photographs of 351 W. William St. This was the M.W. Schultz home built in the late 1800's. It was listed as an apartment house in the 1954 city directory.
Photographs of 444 S. Webster
Photographs of 444 S. Webster. This house was first listed in the city directory of 1883. It was built around this time by William L. Oakes who owned the Decatur Novelty Works. In 1920 his son, George R. Oakes was listed as the owner of the property…
Photograph of 445 W. Prairie Ave.
Photograph of 445 W. Prairie Ave. This apartment house was built by Edward Drobisch in 1912.
Photographs of 348 W. Prairie Ave.
Photographs of 348 W. Prairie Ave. It was the home of F. M. Young. He sold it to George A. Keller in 1903. In 1954 it was owned by Mollie M. Drobisch and it was an apartment house. It is not the Webster Cantrell Hall Annex.
Photograph of 404-418 W. Main St.
Photograph of 404-418 W. Main St. This building was built by J.R. Henton and J.W. Richardson, brother-in-law of Henton, in 1909-1912. It was known as the Henton Apartments. In 1954 it was owned by Don Richardson of Shelbyville, IL., who is a son of…
Photograph of 462 W. Macon St.
Photograph of the house at 462 W. Macon St. This house was built about 1896 by K.H. Roby, Sr. He traded it to C.W. Sigler in 1916. B.F. Coffman bought it from the Peter B. McCluskey estate in 1927 and remodeled it into apartments known as the…
Photograph of 1040 Lincoln Ave.
Photograph of 1040 Lincoln Ave. This house was built by Walter H. Mills. In 1954 it was an apartment house and was owned by Lloyd H. Clary.
Photograph of the 1200 Block at N. Jasper and Grand
Photograph of the house at the 1200 block of N. Jasper and Grand Ave. This house was built by D.B. Foster in 1906. It was a combined department store, apartments, and residence. The 1954 city directory lists that address as 1260 N. Jasper, occupied…
These are the glass negatives of cattle at a fair. The photos were taken by Charles Wasson of Wasson Studios in Decatur, IL in the early 1900s.