Photograph of N. Franklin at the 300 Block at North St.

Dublin Core

Title

Photograph of N. Franklin at the 300 Block at North St.

Subject

Houses
Photo File: Houses
Decatur IL
1845

Description

Photograph of the house at N. Franklin and the 300 block at North St. This house, the first brick house in Decatur, stood for many years on the southeast corner of Franklin and North streets where the Sears Roebuck & Co. farm store was in 1955. It was built about 1845 and is believed to have been erected by Berry H. Cassell. At least Mr. Cassell owned it until it was sold to Sam McRoberts. Mr. McRoberts was a baker who started the first bread delivery wagon in Decatur. The house stood for 74 years until it was torn down in 1919 when J.J. Moran built a $17,000 garage there.

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Houses

Publisher

Herald and Review
Decatur Public Library, Decatur IL

Date

1845

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

,jpg
600 dpi

Language

English

Type

Photograph

Identifier

HO50

Coverage

Houses, Photo File: Houses, Decatur IL, 1848

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

3.5 x 4"

Files

HO50-300_BLK_N_FRANKLIN_ST, BERRY_CASSELL_HSE, 1ST_BRICK_HSE, 1-21-1951.jpg

Collection

Citation

Herald and Review, “Photograph of N. Franklin at the 300 Block at North St.,” Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed August 23, 2019, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/3204.