Photo of A. W. Conklin House 507 N. Franklin Street.

Dublin Core

Title

Photo of A. W. Conklin House 507 N. Franklin Street.

Subject

Houses
Franklin Street
Herald and Review
Photo File: Houses
Decatur, IL.

Description

Photograph of A. W. Conklin house, 507 N. Franklin street under construction; 6/26/1935. Photograph of the completed house at 507 N. Franklin. "This house was owned by A. W. Conklin, who bought it from William H. Boyd in 1872 and remodeled it. Mrs. Conklin lived there until her death in 1932. Mr. Ridgly later bought Mr. Staninger's interest. In 1935 the house was torn down and the Perry M. Dean filling station was built there. In 1950 the property was bought by J. J. Moran & Sons from Mrs. W. S. Ridgly. In 1951 Moran's opened their parking lot on that corner. (Information from clips."

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Houses

Publisher

Herald and Review, Decatur, IL.
Decatur Public Library, Decatur, IL.

Date

1935 and 1950.

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg
600 dpi

Language

English

Type

photograph

Identifier

HO46-HO47.

Coverage

Houses, N. Franklin Street, Photo File: Houses, Herald and Review, Decatur, IL., J. J. Moran Funeral Home.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

photograph

Physical Dimensions

2.5 x 3.5"

Files

HO46-507_N_FRANKLIN_ST, 6-26-1935140.jpg
HO47-507_N_FRANKLIN_ST, A_W_CONKLIN_HSE, C1930062.jpg

Collection

Citation

Herald and Review, “Photo of A. W. Conklin House 507 N. Franklin Street.,” Decatur Illinois Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed July 19, 2019, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/3205.