Browse Items (31 total)

  • Tags: 1907

Historical Photographs of Warrensburg School.

Photographs of Warrensburg School taken in 1907, teachers J. J. Cross, Caroline White and Blanche Binkley, building and children.

Photograph of Walnut Grove School 2 Miles north of Oakley, IL.

SC129-North of Oakley_1907015.jpg
Photograph of Walnut Grove School, located 2 miles north of Oakley, IL. Photo ran in the Review May 10, 1907, teacher F. R. Merris.

Photos of East Wood Street, Decatur, IL.

Photograph East Wood Street, photo ran Review 8/13/1911. Photograph of man and team of horses working on East Wood Street, ran Review 8/13/1911. Photograph 100 Block East Wood at South Main St. the buildings between Main and Water on the south side…

Photograph of the Wabash R.R. Faries Park Bridge

Photograph of the Wabash R.R. Faries Park bridge after its completion in 1907. At the time it was said to be one of the biggest concrete jobs in the world.

Photograph of the Wabash R.R. Faries Park Bridge during Construction

Photograph of the Wabash R.R. Faries Park bridge while under construction. This bridge was completed in August of 1907.

Photograph of 1305 W. Main St.

Photograph of 1305 W. Main St. This house was built by Joseph M. Brownback in 1906 or 1907. In 1937 it was bought by Robert H. Mueller, Jr. who sold it in May 1946 to the Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority of Millikin University.

Photograph of 560 Powers Lane

Photograph of 560 Powers Lane. This house was built by Frank Shlaudeman in 1906 and 1907. The city directories list it as being owned by George Conover from 1918 to 1921 and by Frank J. Parr from 1921 to 1925 when it was acquired by C.C. LeForgee.…

Photograph of 990 W. King

HO112-990_W_KING_ST, JOSEPH_TOLLADAY_HSE, 7-26-1908.jpg
Photograph of 990 W. King. This house was built in 1907 and 1908 by Joseph Tolladay who was a bricklayer. His widow lived there until 1941. In 1942 it was listed as being owned by Jacob Noble who still owned it in 1954.