Browse Items (15 total)

  • Tags: Central Park

Decatur Municipal Band Playing at the Band Stand in Central Park

AS55-Municipal Band - Central Park no date.jpg
Photograph of the Decatur Municipal Band playing in Central Park at the band stand. The Decatur Municipal Band is the old Goodman Band.

Photos of NWRAPS donation to the library in 1997.

LB1087-history_room_donation001.jpg
Photograph of NWRAPS donation to the Local History Room, pictured: Claudia Williams, Joyce Weedon, Dayle Irwin. Pictured holding check Bev Hackney and Dayle Irwin. Photo of presentation by NWRAPS in Central Park, pictured: Claudia Williams, Joyce…

Photographs of Lincoln Square and Transfer House in 1996

HL22-TRANSFER_HOUSE-1, C8-1996021.jpg
Photographs of Lincoln Square, the Transfer House's former location and a photograph of the Transfer House as it sits now in Central Park taken in 1996.

Drawings of the Wigwam

HL9-WIGWAM_TENT.jpg
Drawings of a recreation of the Wigwam tent set up on S. Park St. across from Central Park where Abraham Lincoln was nominated for president on May 9-10, 1860.

Photographs from the Morehouse & Wells Fire

FR46-MOREHOUSE & WELLS-1, 8-22-1909.jpg
Several photographs from the August 22, 1909 Morehouse & Wells fire that took out nearly a block of downtown Decatur businesses. The fire started in the Morehouse & Wells building on East Main and destroyed half the block bounded by Merchant,…

Photograph of Farmer's Market 1911

EV6-Farmers_Market_Central_Park1911.jpg
Public market of 1911-1913. Decatur housewives used to go to the east side of Central Park for direct-from-the-farm produce. This picture was taken in November of 1911 and not an auto truck in sight.

Photographs from the Transfer House Centennial Celebration

HL32-TRANSFER_HOUSE-12, CENTENNIAL, 6-22-1996032.jpg
Photographs taken from the June 22, 1996 Transfer House Centennial Celebration in Central Park. Steve Craven directs a special section of the Decatur Municipal Band.

Photograph of 'Ten Gallon Lil' at the Waterworks

HL122-Ten Gallon Lil after being moved_100.jpg
Photograph of 'Ten Gallon Lil' after she was moved from Central Park to the Waterworks around 1930. The fountain itself dates back to 1876.

Photo of Dr. J. T. B. Stapp's House 200 Block Franklin and William Streets.

Photograph of House on corner of N. Franklin and E. Williams Streets. "the home of Dr. J. T. B. Stapp, called Decatur's first capitalist stood for many years at the corner of Franklin and William streets on ground now occupied by the Decatur post…