Browse Items (12 total)

  • Tags: Lincoln Square

Photograph of 347 W. North St.

HO351-347_W_North_St-1905_037.jpg
Photograph of 347 W. North St. This house originally stood on Lincoln Square at the south end of Central Block but was moved to this North street address about 1859, or earlier, and was thought to have been built 15 or 20 years before that. In 1904…

Photographs of Lincoln Square and Transfer House in 1996

HL22-TRANSFER_HOUSE-1, C8-1996021.jpg
Photographs of Lincoln Square, the Transfer House's former location and a photograph of the Transfer House as it sits now in Central Park taken in 1996.

Photographs from the Morehouse & Wells Fire

FR46-MOREHOUSE & WELLS-1, 8-22-1909.jpg
Several photographs from the August 22, 1909 Morehouse & Wells fire that took out nearly a block of downtown Decatur businesses. The fire started in the Morehouse & Wells building on East Main and destroyed half the block bounded by Merchant,…

Photograph of the Fire Department in 1912

FD5-NW  CORNER OF LINCOLN SQUARE, C1912.jpg
Photograph taken of the Fire Department in 1912 at the Northwest corner of Lincoln Square.

Photos of Hue Singleton Restaurant

BS235-SINGELTON_HUE_RESTAURANT_EARLY_ NO DATE.jpg
Photograph of the interior of Hue Singleton's Restaurant, dining room and restaurant help. Photograph of the exterior of Hue Singleton Restaurant, located on the northwest corner of Lincoln Square, taken by George Baker of Decatur, 1912. Photograph…

Photo of the St. Nicholas Hotel

BS265-CORNER_MAIN_AND_MAIN_1996.jpg
Photograph of stacks of luggage at the St. Nicholas Hotel. Photograph of the St. Nicholas Hotel beds. Photograph of St. Nicholas Hotel Chefs craving turkeys. Photograph of the St. Nicholas Hotel from across the street. Postcard of the St. Nicholas…