Photo of House on 448 N. Franklin Street.

Dublin Core

Title

Photo of House on 448 N. Franklin Street.

Subject

Houses
Photo File: Houses
N. Franklin Street
Decatur, IL.
D. S. Shellabarger
Decatur High School

Description

Photograph of Houses on 448 N. Franklin Street. "Built by D. S. Shellabarger in 1879. The present high school building was started in 1910. In September, 1909, the Shellabarger house and grounds was purchased by the Decatur board of education and shortly after the new school building was opened the home became an annex to the school. It was used by the school until about 1932 when it was abandoned because of the heating problem it presented and because completion of another junior high school temporarily solved the problem of housing the pupils. the house was torn down in 1934. (Information from clips) Photo ran Review 11/27/1910."

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Houses

Publisher

Herald and Review, Decatur, IL.
Decatur Public Library, Decatur, IL.

Date

11/27/1910.

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg
600 dpi

Language

English

Type

photograph

Identifier

HO51

Coverage

Houses, Photo File: Houses, D. S. Shellabarger, Decatur High School, N. Franklin Street, Herald and Review.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

photograph

Physical Dimensions

2.5 x 3.5"

Files

HO51-448_N_FRANKLIN_ST, D_S_SHELLABARGER_HSE, 11-27-1910.jpg

Collection

Citation

Herald and Review, “Photo of House on 448 N. Franklin Street.,” Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed September 21, 2019, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/3207.