Browse Items (39 total)

  • Tags: 1912

Photograph of the Wabash R.R. St. Louis Bridge

RR114-Wabash-St_Louis_Bridge-1912.jpg
Photograph of the Wabash R.R. St. Louis Bridge, taken December 1st, 1912. Caption: A crew of men with a steam engine has been working under the railroad track on this bridge most of the summer. It has been a curious sight to see an upright boiler…

Photographs of 890 W. William St.

HO178-890 W WILLIAM.jpg
Photographs of 890 W. William St. This house was built by George E. Moeller in 1912. Around 1928 it was bought by John H. McEvoy who still lived there in 1954.

Photograph of 445 W. Prairie Ave.

HO163-445_W_PRAIRIE_ST, 12-1-1912.jpg
Photograph of 445 W. Prairie Ave. This apartment house was built by Edward Drobisch in 1912.

Photograph of No. 1 Millikin Place

HO30-N0 1 MILLIKIN PLACE, 12-1-1912.jpg
Photograph of No. 1 Millikin Place. This house was built by Robert Mueller in 1911 and 1912. His widow, Addie E., still lived there in 1954.

Photographs of No. 4 Millikin Place

HO252-4Millikin_Place-Adolph_Mueller_House_1912032.jpg
Photographs of No. 4 Millikin Place. This house was built by Adolph Mueller in 1912. It was sold in 1946 to Richard S. Reeser.

Photo of House on 531 W. Main Street

HO131-531_W_MAIN_ST, MICHAEL_TROUTMAN_HSE, 12-1-1912.jpg
Photograph of House on 531 W. Main Street, Decatur, IL. "Originally built by Michael Troutman in 1868. It was the first brick residence built on that street. In 1912 it was remodeled and a coat of cement plaster was put over the brick. Mr. and Mrs.…

Photographs of 1165 W. Main St.

HO334-1165_W_Main_St-Della_P_Gushard_home-1912024.jpg
Photographs of 1165 W. Main St. This house, known as the Della P. Gushard home was built in 1912. In 1953 the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity moved into the house. They had previously occupied it from 1924 to 1932.

Photograph of 404-418 W. Main St.

HO331-404-412_W_Main_St-Henton_Apts-1912_021.jpg
Photograph of 404-418 W. Main St. This building was built by J.R. Henton and J.W. Richardson, brother-in-law of Henton, in 1909-1912. It was known as the Henton Apartments. In 1954 it was owned by Don Richardson of Shelbyville, IL., who is a son of…