Photograph of 347 W. North St.

Dublin Core

Title

Photograph of 347 W. North St.

Subject

Houses
Photo File: Houses
Decatur IL
1859

Description

Photograph of 347 W. North St. This house originally stood on Lincoln Square at the south end of Central Block but was moved to this North street address about 1859, or earlier, and was thought to have been built 15 or 20 years before that. In 1904 it was bought and torn down by Joseph Lapham, who used some of the timbers and weatherboard in the new house built on that site. About 1910 the house was sold to Edwin Kuny, whose son O.F. Kuny still owned it in 1954 and it was known as the Kuny Apartments.

Creator

Herald and Review

Source

Photo File: Houses

Publisher

Herald and Review
Decatur Public Library, Decatur IL

Date

1859

Contributor

Herald and Review

Rights

The Decatur Public Library owns and maintains all copyright on materials featured on omeka.decaturlibrary.org. These materials cannot be used without prior consent. Please contact the Local History Room at the Decatur Public Library for more information.

Relation

none

Format

.jpg
600 dpi

Language

English

Type

Photograph

Identifier

HO351

Coverage

Houses, Photo File: Houses, Decatur IL, 1859

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

6 x 7.5"

Files

HO351-347_W_North_St-1905_037.jpg

Collection

Citation

Herald and Review, “Photograph of 347 W. North St.,” Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection, accessed August 14, 2020, http://omeka.decaturlibrary.org/items/show/3280.