Browse Items (31 total)

  • Tags: 1909

Photograph of Illinois Central R. R. Postcards

RR8-Illinois_Central_postcard_002.jpg
Photographs of Illinois Central R. R. postcards located in Decatur IL. Postmarked 1909.

Photograph of 464 W. Prairie Ave.

HO164-464_W_PRAIRIE_ST, WILLIAM_TRAVER_HSE.jpg
Photograph of 464 W. Prairie Ave. In 1909 this was the home of William Traver. It has remained the Traver family home since then. In 1955 it was occupied by Mrs. Dorothy Traver McCormick, granddaughter of William Traver.

Photograph of No. 3 Millikin Place

HO31-N0 3 MILLIKIN PLACE, 7-7-1914.jpg
Photograph of No. 3 Millikin Place. This house was built by W.J. Grady in 1909 and 1910.

Photo of House on 334 W. Main Street

HO329-334_W_Main_St-LL_Boblet_house-1909028.jpg
Photograph of House on 334 W. Main Street, Decatur, IL.., residence of Lycurgus L. Bobblett, 1909, city directory.

Photograph of 800 W. McKinley

HO133-800_W_McKINLEY, HUE_SINGLETON_HSE.jpg
Photograph of 800 W. McKinley. This house was built in 1909 by Hue Singleton, restaurant owner. His wife and her second husband, Samuel Finger lived there for many years. In 1941 it was owned by Mrs. Della F. Smull. In 1952 it was bought from the…

Photograph of 1295 W. Main St.

HO335-1295_W_Main_St-Honore_M_Owen_House_8-29-1909_025.jpg
Photograph of 1295 W. Main St. This house was built by Honore M. Owen in 1908 and 1909. It was willed to his son Honore M., Jr. in 1950. The 1954 city directory lists Robert H. Morris as living there.

Photograph of 404-418 W. Main St.

HO331-404-412_W_Main_St-Henton_Apts-1912_021.jpg
Photograph of 404-418 W. Main St. This building was built by J.R. Henton and J.W. Richardson, brother-in-law of Henton, in 1909-1912. It was known as the Henton Apartments. In 1954 it was owned by Don Richardson of Shelbyville, IL., who is a son of…

Photograph of 1105 N. Main St.

HO60-1105_N_MAIN_ST, ADAM_F_GEBHART_HSE.jpg
Photograph of 1105 N. Main St. This house was built by Adam F. Gebhart in 1909. In 1954 it was owned by his son, Grover Gebhart.

Photographs from the Lincoln Courthouse

HL1-LINCOLN_COURTHOUSE_3-13-1909.jpg
Photographs from the Lincoln Courthouse, the first log cabin in Decatur, in Fairview Park.

Photographs from the Morehouse & Wells Fire

FR46-MOREHOUSE & WELLS-1, 8-22-1909.jpg
Several photographs from the August 22, 1909 Morehouse & Wells fire that took out nearly a block of downtown Decatur businesses. The fire started in the Morehouse & Wells building on East Main and destroyed half the block bounded by Merchant,…