Browse Items (14 total)

  • Tags: Macon County Schools

Historical Photographs of Warrensburg School.

SC625-Warrensburg_School_1907_063.jpg
Photographs of Warrensburg School taken in 1907, teachers J. J. Cross, Caroline White and Blanche Binkley, building and children.

Photo of Miss Mary C. Gregory

BIO504-Gregory_Miss_Mary_C003.jpg
Photograph of Miss Mary C. Gregory (died 1/18/1932). Decatur and Macon County teacher for 57 years. She was active in the W.C.T.U. work and was a past state secretary of that organization. Photo by Wassons of Decatur.

Photograph of Decatur Vocational Center

SC603_Decatur   Voc Center132.jpg
Photograph of the Decatur Vocational Center Building on the corner of Franklin and E. Eldorado Streets.

Photograph of Sulphur Springs School, 1906.

SC379-Sulphur_Springs_School_1906_179.jpg
Photograph of Sulphur Springs School, 1906. Photo ran in the Review Oct 4, 1906. This school, located 2 miles southwest of Mt. Zion was founded in 1854. The 1906 teacher was R. L. Wilson.

Photograph of Walnut Grove School 2 Miles north of Oakley, IL.

SC129-North of Oakley_1907015.jpg
Photograph of Walnut Grove School, located 2 miles north of Oakley, IL. Photo ran in the Review May 10, 1907, teacher F. R. Merris.

Photographs of Children at Ft. Daniel School

SC606_Fort Daniel 1910-006.jpg
Photographs of Ft. Daniel School Building, children standing in the yard, c. 1910. Photo of children from the Ft. Daniel School taken in 1934.