Browse Items (10 total)

  • Tags: school

Photograph of the Jacob Henry Coonradt Memorial Tablet

SC15-TABLET_COONRADT_JACOB_HENRY_TEACHER_1881 TO 1916018.jpg
Photograph of the Jacob Henry Coonradt memorial tablet. This tablet, which had resided in Decatur High School, was given in appreciation of the long teaching service Coonradt had given the school. He taught there from September 5th, 1881 to December…

Photograph of the Class of 1950 Reunion

SC10-Class_of_1950_Reunion030.jpg
Photograph of the Class of 1950 forty year reunion taken during alumni weekend in June of 1990. Names listed left to right.
Row One: William M. Tangney, Merril Cameron Dees '48, Mrs. Staley, Alice Jones Lambrick, Bill Dickinson, Marian Anderson…

Photograph of a Decatur High School Postcard

SC247-original_DHS_c1900001.jpg
Photographs of a Decatur High School postcard from an unknown date. This is the first high school building, built in 1869 at Broadway and North Streets in Decatur before the second high school was building was built on N. Franklin Street in 1911.

Photographs of the Interior of Decatur High School

SC16-Science Classroom ca 1940018.jpg
Photographs of the interior of Decatur High School including the gym, auditorium, the girls locker room, a science classroom and the music room taken around 1940.

Photographs of the Exterior of Decatur High School

SC8-Building_Franklin_St_Entrance_1977031.jpg
Photographs of Decatur High School taken shortly before it was demolished in 1977. The High School was built at 400 N Franklin St. in 1911.

Photographs of the Exterior of Decatur High School

SC12-Decatur High School SWExterior no date021.jpg
Photographs of the exterior of the Decatur High School main building taken at an unknown date and Kintner Gym taken in 1940.

Photographs of the Construction of Kintner Gym

SC195-DHS-Kintner_Gym_c1940001.jpg
Various photographs taken during the construction of Kintner Gym which was built for Decatur High School in 1940.

Photographs of 364 W. William St.

HO173-364_W_WILLIAM_ST-2, L_L_HAWORTH_HSE.jpg
Photographs of 364 W. William St. This house was built by L.L. Haworth in 1880 and served as a family dwelling for 40 years. Then for 20 years it served as the home of kindergartens, dancing schools, lodge organizations and the Community Recreation…

Photos of St. Patrick's Catholic Church

CH7-ROMAN_CATHOLIC, ST_PATRICK'S_CHURCH, C1896-Copy.jpg
Photograph of St. Patrick's Church, 406 East North Street taken in 1896. Photograph of interior of St. Patrick's during mass, church located on East Eldorado Street. Photograph of St. Patrick's School, East Eldorado, taken Aug. 1996. Postcard…

Decatur Pilot Air School

AV9-US-Dept_Commerce_Civil-Aeron_Dctr_Pilot-Air_Sch_C1940S_074 (1).jpg
Negative of unknown students and a teacher at the U.S. Dept. of Commerce Civil Aeronautics Decatur Pilot Air School in the 1940s.