Browse Items (13 total)

  • Tags: 1927

Photograph of Wabash R.R. Employee Joseph Swantz

RR26-Swantz_Joseph_roundhouse employee 50 years of service  8-1926222.jpg
Photograph of Wabash R.R. Employee Joseph Swantz taken in 1926. Joe Swantz, hostler and former foreman of roundhouse laborers, started with the Wabash R.R. in 1876 and retired in 1927 after 51 years of service. He was still on the job when he was…

Photos of Westminster Presbyterian Church

CH93-PREBYSTERIAN_WESTMINSTER_EXT_1927.jpg
Photographs of the Exterior and Interior of Westminster Presbyterian Church located at 1360 West Main Street, Decatur, IL..

Photo of St. John's Lutheran Church

CH16-LUTHERAN.jpg
Photographs of St. John's Lutheran Church located at 1170 E. Orchard Street, Decatur, IL. The church is now located at 2727 N. Union Street, Decatur, IL.

Photos of the W. H. Grindol & Sons Monument Co.

BS118-WH_Grindol+sons-Grindol_Monument_Co-1913004.jpg
Photograph of W. H. Grindol and Sons. Left to right, Walter E. Grindol, W. H. Grindol,, and John F. Grindol. Walter E. Grindol (died 2/11/1930.) He was associated with his father and brother W. H. Grindol & Sons monument business. He specialized in…

Dr. Benjamin L. Maienthal

BIO241-MAIENTHAL_DR_BENJAMIN_L, 12-19-1927.jpg
Photograph of Dr. Benjamin L. Maienthal taken by Vandeventer's, and used in the Decatur Daily Review, Dec. 19, 1927. Member of the U. S. Pension Board 30 years. In 1897 organized Decatur Lodge No. 401, B.P.O.E. and State Elks Assn. and was its first…

Philip Kayser

BIO197-KAYSER_PHILLIP_B, CJAN1927.jpg
Photograph of Philip Kayser (b. 5/23/1868, d. 1/24/1932). Kayser was the constable in Decatur Township, a city commissioner, and a member of the city council. He came to Decatur from Indiana in 1902 to help build the Decatur Bridge Co. plant, and…

Mrs. E.A. Gastman and the Childrens Summer Reading Contest

BIO148-GASTMAN_MRS_E_A, 8-31-1927.jpg
Photograph of Mrs. E.A. Gastman handing out diplomas to the children who participated in the Childrens Summer Reading contest at the Decatur Public Library on August 31, 1927. The photo was taken by Seitz Studio and used in the Decatur Herald.