Skip to main content
Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection

Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: 1865

Photographs of 595 Powers Lane

HO75-595_Powers_Lane_5-14-1905.jpg
Photographs of 595 Powers Lane. This house was built by Samuel S. Powers in 1865. It was later the home of his sons, Frank S and Chauncy M. In 1941, the property was sold to H. Paul Tick and the house was demolished to make room for a new house.…

Photograph of 925 N. Main St.

HO59-925 N MAIN 1905, SITE OF GRACE METHODIST.jpg
Photograph of 925 N. Main St. This house was built in 1865 and 1866 by J.Q. Brown who lived there until about 1874 when he sold it to Dr. W.A. Barnes. Dr. Barnes sold it in 1891 to James D. Tait, who left it to his son, Joseph S. Tait. In 1921 the…