Browse Items (13 total)
- Tags: church
Church Covenant Card
This is church covenant card
Photograph of the Old Presbyterian Church Public Library
Photograph of the interior of the Old Presbyterian Church where the library was for several months after a fire in the Roberts & Greene building, taken October 6th, 1892.
Photographs of 634 W. William St.
Photographs of 634 W. William St. This house was built by Isaac A. Buckingham in 1882. It was the residence of the Buckingham family until 1915. It was rented by the family for a few years, and after the death of Miss. Maria Buckingham, Mrs. Lynn…
Photograph of the 200 block of W. Prairie at Church St.
Photograph of the 200 block of W. Prairie at Church St. This was the home of I.R. Mills in 1883. It is the site of the First Presbyterian Church. This photograph was taken after the storm on February 2, 1883.
Photograph of 417 W. Prairie Ave.
Photograph of 417 W. Prairie Ave. This house was built by Oliver Z. Greene in 1882. It was willed to his daughter, Mrs. K.H. Roby, Jr., after his death. It was bought by the First Baptist Church in 1923 and was included in the structure of the new…
Photograph of 925 N. Main St.
Photograph of 925 N. Main St. This house was built in 1865 and 1866 by J.Q. Brown who lived there until about 1874 when he sold it to Dr. W.A. Barnes. Dr. Barnes sold it in 1891 to James D. Tait, who left it to his son, Joseph S. Tait. In 1921 the…
Photograph of the Corner of Jackson and Eldorado
Photograph of the house at the 400 block of E. Eldorado at the corner of Jackson St. It was built by George Haworth in 1881-1882. Haworth sold the property to Moses Stafford who sold it to St. Patrick's Catholic Church in 1891 to be used for a parish…
Photograph of the 200 Block at William St. and N. Church St.
Photograph of the houses at the 200 block at William St. and N. Church St. on the Southwest corner. Dr. S.T. Trowbridge bought it from William Traver some time before the Civil War. It then stood on N. Water St. between William and North. Dr.…
Decatur Union Mission Building
Photograph of the Decatur Union Mission Building located at 604 N. Calhoun St. Photo taken in 1922.
GAR Entering a Church
Photograph of members of the Grand Army of the Republic entering a church in 1908. The photo was taken by J.K. Stafford on May 24, 1908.
Firefighters Practicing Falls
Firefighters practicing catching falling civilians taken in the early 1900's.