Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: David Shellabarger

Photographs of 595 Powers Lane

HO75-595_Powers_Lane_5-14-1905.jpg
Photographs of 595 Powers Lane. This house was built by Samuel S. Powers in 1865. It was later the home of his sons, Frank S and Chauncy M. In 1941, the property was sold to H. Paul Tick and the house was demolished to make room for a new house.…

Photograph of N. Jackson St. at the 500 Block

HO52-500_N_Jackson_12-31-1911_064.jpg
Photograph of the house at the 500 block of N. Jackson St. This house was built by David S. Shellabarger in 1866. In 1879 he built another home at Franklin and Eldorado which became the Decatur High School annex and was torn down in 1934.