Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: Allen

Photographs of 230 W. Prairie Ave.

HO364-Houses_230_W_Prairie_Ave_Bradshaw_Apts_1-23-1948_403.jpg
Photographs of 230 W. Prairie Ave. This was the home of John R. Bradshaw, known as the Bradshaw apartments. It was sold by H. Vincent Allen, grandson of Bradshaw, to Mrs. M.E. Grover in 1948. The 1954 city directory listed it as being owned by Mrs.…

Photographs of Captain David L. Allen's Second Home

HO8-Capt David Allen House001.jpg
Photographs of Captain David L. Allen's home on the south bank of the Sangamon River. It was unusual in structure because of its octagonal tower and for years it was a landmark of Macon county. It was torn down about 1905 and is was the site of…

Photograph of 400 Block of N. Water

HO7-Capt David Allen House-400blk n water002.jpg
400 block of N. Water. Built by Captain David L. Allen, this was the first two-story house in Decatur. It was on the 1955 site of Leath Furniture Company. It was torn down in 1904.