Browse Items (16 total)

  • Tags: 1905

Photos of House on 919 W. William Street.

HO180-919_w_william_1905.jpg
Photographs of House on 919 W. William Street. "Built by T. T. Roberts in 1905. In 1924 it was sold to L. W. cook who sold it in 1944 to Walter Flora, Sr. In 1947 it was bought by Carroll W. Rogers. Photo ran Review 5/3/1905." Photographs of house on…

Photographs of 605 W. Prairie Ave.

HO384-605_W_Prairie-Dr_LP_Walbridge033.jpg
Photographs of 605 W. Prairie Ave. This house was built by Dr. L.P. Walbridge about 1905. It was bought from Dr. Walbridge by Mrs. Lillian Richards in 1922 and she sold it to Leonard G. Gray in 1927. In 1951 Paul Mitchell purchased it from the…

Photographs of 424 W. Prairie Ave.

HO144-424_W_PRAIRIE_ST-1, GEORGE_C_KINSMAN_HSE, 11-26-1905.jpg
Photographs of the interior and exterior of 424 W. Prairie Ave. This house was built in 1905 by George C. Kinsman. It was bought by Miss Ella Race in 1912. In 1946 it was sold to Paul Swarm of the Swarm Insurance Agency.

Photograph of 126 W. North St.

HO349-Houses_126_W_North_St_7-2-1905_0003.jpg
Photograph of 126 W. North St. This house was owned by Charles Wiefel in 1905. It was built several years before that time. In 1947 Dr. R.A. McBride remodeled it and had his office and ground floor suite there.

Photo of House on 117 N. Monroe Street

HO62-117_N_Monroe001.jpg
Photograph of House on 117 N. Monroe Street, Decatur, IL. Built and designed by Mrs. Julius G. Badenhausen in 1905. It was then known as the Badenhausen Flats. It was sold to Mrs. O. t. Eddy in 1908. In 1954 it was known as the Monroe Apartments.…

Photographs of Captain David L. Allen's Second Home

HO8-Capt David Allen House001.jpg
Photographs of Captain David L. Allen's home on the south bank of the Sangamon River. It was unusual in structure because of its octagonal tower and for years it was a landmark of Macon county. It was torn down about 1905 and is was the site of…

Photograph from the Decatur Milling Company Fire

FR45-DECATUR MILLING CO, 11-25-1905.jpg
Photograph from the Decatur Milling Company Fire on November 25, 1905. The company was located at the southwest corner of E. Main and Broadway. The fire destroyed the entire plant which was incorporated in 1888. Previously it had been known as the…

Photo of Rev. Horace Reed

CH51-UNITED_METHODIST, REV _HORACE_REED, 7-20-1905.jpg
Photograph of Rev. Horace Reed; (died 11/15/1914). Methodist minister who at the time of death was one of the oldest in the Methodist conference. He came to the pastorate of the First Methodist Church in Decatur in 1874 and remained 2 years. He…

Photos of Suffern-Hunt Mill

BS299-SUFFERN-HUNT MILL_UNION_WABASH_1919.jpg
Photograph of the Suffern-Hunt Mill--Union St. at Wabash Railroad. sold to American Hominy co. in 1905, sold to Edward Evans 10/3/1924, sold to Decatur Milling Co. 10/26/1924. Wabash R.R. Crossing Shanty in the foreground. Photograph of the new…

Photo of People With Hay Wagons, Mules and Horses

BIO502-hay making at Grandma Emmas - 1905 Cisco IL001.jpg
Photograph of making hay at the home of Grandma Emma. Carmi, Louie and Ma Emma standing by mules. The family horse "old Maud" hitched to "top buggy". Photo taken 1905 in Cisco, IL. About 3 miles north of Cisco, IL.