Browse Items (14 total)
- Tags: 1904
Photograph of 336 E. Eldorado
Photograph of 336 E. Eldorado St. This house was built by W. L. Ferguson in 1904. According to the city directories it was owned by Albert W. Stephens in 1930 and be Albert Scholz in 1946, who still owned it in 1954.
Photograph of 400 Block of N. Water
400 block of N. Water. Built by Captain David L. Allen, this was the first two-story house in Decatur. It was on the 1955 site of Leath Furniture Company. It was torn down in 1904.
Photographs from the Decatur Hotel and Arcade building Fire.
Photographs taken from the November 17, 1904 fire that occurred at the Decatur Hotel and Arcade building in downtown Decatur. The fire was discovered in the basement in engine room of the old Wait building, occupied by the hotel and department store,…
Photographs from the Central Malleable Iron Works Fire
Photographs from the Central Malleable Iron Works fire, formerly the Loeb foundry and Sattley foundry, located at 765 N. Lowber St. The fire was discovered at 10:30 p.m. on November 14, 1904, and was said to have been blazing for at least an hour…
Photo of the Washburn and Wheeler Shaft Co.
Photograph of the Washburn and Wheeler Shaft Co., 210 W. Wood Street., taken in 1904. Print from glass negatives found in a Decatur attic Feb. 1956.
Photo of Seyenite Granite Works
Photograph of Seyenite Granite Works, 1904 --305 s. Broadway. This was city property in 1912.
Photo of the Washburn & Wheeler Shaft Co. building 210 W. Wood St., Decatur, IL.
Photograph of the Washburn & Wheeler Shaft Co. building at 210 W. Wood St., Decatur, IL. Print from a glass negative found in Decatur attic Feb. 1956.
Ehman and Co. Mantel Factory
Photograph of Ehman & Co. Mantel Factory. Located at the north eat corner of Jasper and Garfield Street. This view shows the south east corner of the main building. The factor was destroyed by fire 1/7/1911. In 1917 the Williams Sealing Corp. was…
William T. Peake
Photograph of William T. Peake (died 4/29/1921) Decatur jeweler and watch maker. For 18 years he was employed in the jewelry store of his father's, J. L. Peake. In 1904 he went into business for himself at 149 E. Main St. For eight years he served…
F. J. McDonald
Photograph of F. J. McDonald (died Oct 26 1916). He was a breeder of high grade Jersey Cattle and won many prizes at livestock shows throughout the country. He was a bridge contractor in early life and also owned a dairy for several years.
Photograph of Brush College #1 Staff
Photo of Teaching Staff taken on Sept 10, 1961, Brush College #1, Decatur, IL. Front Row Seated L-R: unknown, Lorraine Brown, Mrs. Warnick, Mary…