Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Blacksmith Shop

Photo of the Washburn and Wheeler Shaft Co.

BS377-Washburn and Wheeler Co.jpg
Photograph of the Washburn and Wheeler Shaft Co., 210 W. Wood Street., taken in 1904. Print from glass negatives found in a Decatur attic Feb. 1956.

William Seeforth

BIO348-SEEFORTH_WILLIAM, 7-25-1915.jpg
Photograph of William Seeforth. He was hired by Oscar Mueller in 1895 and stayed there until he retired in 1944. He was the first to use a shovel for breaking the ground for the new plant. He worked in the blacksmith shop there. Photo by Wasson of…