Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Cassell

Photo of Houses on the 700 Block of E. Wood Street, house was known as Cassell's Castle

HO238-East_Wood_700_Blk_Cassells_Castle_1887_225.jpg
Photograph of House on 700 Block of E. Wood Street. This house, known as "Cassell's Castle" was built by Berry H. Cassell in 1887. It was at the corner of Webster and Wood Streets. It was destroyed by fire in 1916. In 1925 the Illinois Power & Light…

Photograph of N. Franklin at the 300 Block at North St.

HO50-300_BLK_N_FRANKLIN_ST, BERRY_CASSELL_HSE, 1ST_BRICK_HSE, 1-21-1951.jpg
Photograph of the house at N. Franklin and the 300 block at North St. This house, the first brick house in Decatur, stood for many years on the southeast corner of Franklin and North streets where the Sears Roebuck & Co. farm store was in 1955. It…