Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: Brick

Photograph of 990 W. King

HO112-990_W_KING_ST, JOSEPH_TOLLADAY_HSE, 7-26-1908.jpg
Photograph of 990 W. King. This house was built in 1907 and 1908 by Joseph Tolladay who was a bricklayer. His widow lived there until 1941. In 1942 it was listed as being owned by Jacob Noble who still owned it in 1954.

Photographs of 746 W. Harrison

HO110-746_W_HARRISON, 12-11-1969.jpg
Photographs of 746 W. Harrison exterior and interior. This home was built in 1839 by an unknown Virginia architect.

Photograph of N. Franklin at the 300 Block at North St.

HO50-300_BLK_N_FRANKLIN_ST, BERRY_CASSELL_HSE, 1ST_BRICK_HSE, 1-21-1951.jpg
Photograph of the house at N. Franklin and the 300 block at North St. This house, the first brick house in Decatur, stood for many years on the southeast corner of Franklin and North streets where the Sears Roebuck & Co. farm store was in 1955. It…