Browse Items (15 total)

  • Tags: Main St

Photograph of 756 N. Main St.

HO58-756 N MAIN 1883.jpg
Photograph of 756 N. Main St. after the storm on February 2, 1883. At that time it was the home of George H. Conklin. It later became the site of the Purity Baking Company.

Photograph of 925 N. Main St.

HO59-925 N MAIN 1905, SITE OF GRACE METHODIST.jpg
Photograph of 925 N. Main St. This house was built in 1865 and 1866 by J.Q. Brown who lived there until about 1874 when he sold it to Dr. W.A. Barnes. Dr. Barnes sold it in 1891 to James D. Tait, who left it to his son, Joseph S. Tait. In 1921 the…

Photograph of 1105 N. Main St.

HO60-1105_N_MAIN_ST, ADAM_F_GEBHART_HSE.jpg
Photograph of 1105 N. Main St. This house was built by Adam F. Gebhart in 1909. In 1954 it was owned by his son, Grover Gebhart.

Photograph of 740 N. Main St

HO267-740_N_Main_St-Joseph_Mills_home_after_storm-2-2-1883040.jpg
Photograph of 740 N. Main St. taken after a storm on February 2, 1883. At that time it was the home of Joseph Mills. In the 1954 city directory there was no such house number listed on North Main.

Photographs from 1934 Circus

EV43-Circus_Mix_Tom_7-20-1934_053.jpg
Photographs from the circus in 1934. One of the circus parade at the 400 block of N. Main st. Another photo of a group of people gathered at the circus.