Skip to main content
Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection

Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: Mansion

Photograph of 414 W. Main St.

HO327-Houses_414_W_Main_4-29-1906_005.jpg
Photograph of 414 W. Main St. this house was built by J.W. Race about 1880. He sold it in 1904 to William Y. Jackman. It changed hands several times before 1911 when John Henton bought it and tore it down and built the Henton Apartments on that site.

Photographs of the Powers-Jarvis Mansion

HO79-357_W_DECATUR_ST, POWERS_JARVIS_MANSION.jpg
Photographs of the Powers-Jarvis Mansion at 357 W. Decatur St. The house was built in 1910 by Charles G. Powers. John F. Wieser acquired the house in 1933 when it got involved in Florida land investments and was foreclosed. J.P. Gobberdiel bought it…

Photographs of 401 N. College Rd.

HO21-401 N COLLEGE, ENGLAND MANSION, 12-9-1933.jpg
Photograph of 401 N. College Rd. This house was built by William B. Chambers in the late 1880's. Around 1888 it was sold to Silas Packard. In 1915 it was sold to Attorney James T. Whitley who resold it the same year to C.E. England. England…