Browse Items (5 total)
- Tags: Church St
Photograph of the houses at the 200 block at William St. and N. Church St. on the Southwest corner. Dr. S.T. Trowbridge bought it from William Traver some time before the Civil War. It then stood on N. Water St. between William and North. Dr.…
Photograph of the house at the 300 Block of N. Church St. and William St. corner. Built about 1880 by D.C. Shockley. It was torn down when the Masonic Temple was built on that site. The Temple was started in October 1927.
Photograph of 561 N. Church St. In 1874 the Enos Pratt family moved to Decatur and acquired the home on N. Church St. It was the home of Miss. Abbie Pratt until her death in 1940. She left the property to Florence Shade. The 1954 city directory lists…
Photograph of 836 N Church St. This apartment house was built by J.W. Osgood in 1911. It has changed owners several times and was bought by Ralph E. McDaniel from Rosa Bauer in 1951. It is known as the McDaniel Apartments.
Photograph of the Wabash R.R. panel-side hopper #34070 salvage operation in Decatur IL taken on Septermber 7th, 1951.