Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: filling station

Photo of A. W. Conklin House 507 N. Franklin Street.

HO46-507_N_FRANKLIN_ST, 6-26-1935140.jpg
Photograph of A. W. Conklin house, 507 N. Franklin street under construction; 6/26/1935. Photograph of the completed house at 507 N. Franklin. "This house was owned by A. W. Conklin, who bought it from William H. Boyd in 1872 and remodeled it. Mrs.…

Charles H. Goodmiller

BIO151-GOODMILLER_CHARLES_H, 2-19-1911.jpg
Photograph of Charles H. Goodmiller (d. 10/28/1952). Goodmiller built the first grocery story and filling station at Wyckles Corner, and became known as the "Mayor of Wyckles Corner". At 16, he began working for the former Mills Lumber Co., and…