Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: Shade

Photograph of 561 N. Church St.

HO42-561_BLOCK_N_CHURCH_ST, ENOS_PRATT_HSE.jpg
Photograph of 561 N. Church St. In 1874 the Enos Pratt family moved to Decatur and acquired the home on N. Church St. It was the home of Miss. Abbie Pratt until her death in 1940. She left the property to Florence Shade. The 1954 city directory lists…

Photographs of 413 W. Macon St.

HO114-413_W_MACON_ST, WM_F_BUSHER_HSE.jpg
Photographs of the house at 413 W. Macon St. This house was built by William F. Busher in 1873. The house was torn down some time before 1943 when the Lincoln Apartments were built on that site. At the time the apartments were built the property was…

Photographs of 360 E. Wood St.

HO241-Houses_360_E_Wood_Const_By_W-P-Shade_1894_111.jpg
Photographs of 360 E. Wood St. This house was built by W.P. Shade in 1894. In 1946 it was sold to Lawrence W. Price and Edgar E. Evans, veterinarians, by Lewis W. Shade, son of W.P. Shade. It was remodeled and then used as an apartment house before…