Skip to main content
Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection

Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Lewis W. Shade

Photographs of 360 E. Wood St.

HO241-Houses_360_E_Wood_Const_By_W-P-Shade_1894_111.jpg
Photographs of 360 E. Wood St. This house was built by W.P. Shade in 1894. In 1946 it was sold to Lawrence W. Price and Edgar E. Evans, veterinarians, by Lewis W. Shade, son of W.P. Shade. It was remodeled and then used as an apartment house before…

Lewis W. Shade

BIO349-SHADE_LEWIS, 3-6-1929.jpg
Photograph of Lewis W. Shade; He was connected with the Bennett & Shade Insurance Agency in Decatur. He is very prominent in clubs and activities of Decatur. He is a member and former president of the Decatur Motor Club, (1928) president of the…