Skip to main content
Decatur Public Library Local History Photo Collection

Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: Apartment House

Photographs of 1769 N. Water St.

HO68-1769_N_Water-Milton_Johnson_House005.jpg
Photographs of 1769 N. Water St. This house was built by Milton Johnson, Sr. in 1892. It was sold to Frank L. Suffern in 1911. In 1954 it was an apartment house.

Photographs of 360 E. Wood St.

HO241-Houses_360_E_Wood_Const_By_W-P-Shade_1894_111.jpg
Photographs of 360 E. Wood St. This house was built by W.P. Shade in 1894. In 1946 it was sold to Lawrence W. Price and Edgar E. Evans, veterinarians, by Lewis W. Shade, son of W.P. Shade. It was remodeled and then used as an apartment house before…

Photographs of 351 W. William St.

HO171-351_W_WILLIAM_ST, M_W_SCHULTZ_HSE.jpg
Photographs of 351 W. William St. This was the M.W. Schultz home built in the late 1800's. It was listed as an apartment house in the 1954 city directory.

Photographs of 467 W. Prairie Ave.

HO165-467_W_PRAIRIE_ST, WILLIAM_T&ELIZABETH_N_WELLS_HSE, 4-30-1905.jpg
Photographs of 467 W. Prairie Ave. This was the home of William T. and Elizabeth H. Wells. It was bought in 1935 by Everett Mueller from the estate of Mrs. Wells. Muellers moved in 1942 and the house was acquired by Mrs. Carrie A. Suffern. In 1946 it…

Photographs of 348 W. Prairie Ave.

HO141-348_W_PRAIRIE_ST, F_M_YOUNG_HOUSE.jpg
Photographs of 348 W. Prairie Ave. It was the home of F. M. Young. He sold it to George A. Keller in 1903. In 1954 it was owned by Mollie M. Drobisch and it was an apartment house. It is not the Webster Cantrell Hall Annex.