Browse Items (14 total)
- Collection: Photo File: Historic Landmarks
Photograph of the William Warnick Homestead. This house, seven miles southwest of Decatur, was built by William Warnick after 1833, and became known as the "Thirty-Three Mile House" when owned by John Eckle and used as part of his tavern property to…
Drawings of a recreation of the Wigwam tent set up on S. Park St. across from Central Park where Abraham Lincoln was nominated for president on May 9-10, 1860.
Photographs of the WCTU (Women's Christian Temperance Union) Fountain. The fountain was erected in 1905 for the purpose of removing "the temptation of visiting saloons from country boys". It was donated through the WCTU by Thomas Davis, a pioneer of…
Photograph of 'Ten Gallon Lil' after she was moved from Central Park to the Waterworks around 1930. The fountain itself dates back to 1876.
Photographs taken from the June 22, 1996 Transfer House Centennial Celebration in Central Park. Steve Craven directs a special section of the Decatur Municipal Band.
Photographs of various businesses and people from Lincoln Square.
Photographs of Lincoln Square, the Transfer House's former location and a photograph of the Transfer House as it sits now in Central Park taken in 1996.
Photograph Wabash Depot in the center and Illinois Central Railroad Depot on the right. Photograph of the Illinois Central Railroad Depot.
Photographs of Decatur Memorial Hospital, formerly Decatur and Macon County Hospital on N. Edward St.