Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: Stafford

Photograph of the Parlor of Mr. and Mrs. Stafford

HO138-888 W NORTH ST, STAFFORD HOME, C1890s.jpg
Photograph of the parlor room in Mr. and Mrs. Stafford home located at 888 W. North St. This is similar to what parlors looked like around the year 1908. The heavy drapery was popular in its day, but one unusual thing about this room is the planter…

Photograph of 358 N. Main St.

HO56-358_N_MAIN_ST, HOTEL_MAIN, GEO_W_MUELLER_HSE, 12-24-1935.jpg
Photograph of 358 N. Main St. This house was one of the last downtown Decatur residences to go in making room for business houses. The house was torn down in 1921. George W. Moeller had bought the house from the Isabelle Stafford estate and on the…

Photograph of the Corner of Jackson and Eldorado

HO237-Houses_400_Blk_E_Eldorado_6-28-1908_069.jpg
Photograph of the house at the 400 block of E. Eldorado at the corner of Jackson St. It was built by George Haworth in 1881-1882. Haworth sold the property to Moses Stafford who sold it to St. Patrick's Catholic Church in 1891 to be used for a parish…