Browse Items (14 total)
- Tags: 1904
Photograph of Ramblers along N. Water St. in front of storefronts like the Macon County Title and Loan and Johnson and Landis Bicycles in 1904.
Photograph of Ehman & Co. Mantel Factory. Located at the north eat corner of Jasper and Garfield Street. This view shows the south east corner of the main building. The factor was destroyed by fire 1/7/1911. In 1917 the Williams Sealing Corp. was…
Photograph of F. J. McDonald (died Oct 26 1916). He was a breeder of high grade Jersey Cattle and won many prizes at livestock shows throughout the country. He was a bridge contractor in early life and also owned a dairy for several years.
Photograph of John G. Imboden (d. 10/1925). He was an internationally renown cattle feeder how raised Hereford calves, and was a butcher for many years. He also worked as a superintendent of the First Methodist Church. He was also the state…
Photograph of Levi P. Graham (d. 1907). He was a patent attorney and inventor. Graham invented a seed corn sorter, and had several other patents on corn planting machinery. The photo was taken by Smith of Decatur, and ran in the Decatur Herald on…
Photograph of the Washburn & Wheeler Shaft Co. building at 210 W. Wood St., Decatur, IL. Print from a glass negative found in Decatur attic Feb. 1956.
Photograph of the Washburn and Wheeler Shaft Co., 210 W. Wood Street., taken in 1904. Print from glass negatives found in a Decatur attic Feb. 1956.
Photograph of 336 E. Eldorado St. This house was built by W. L. Ferguson in 1904. According to the city directories it was owned by Albert W. Stephens in 1930 and be Albert Scholz in 1946, who still owned it in 1954.