Browse Items (76 total)

  • Tags: Decatur High School

Photograph of the Jacob Henry Coonradt Memorial Tablet

SC15-TABLET_COONRADT_JACOB_HENRY_TEACHER_1881 TO 1916018.jpg
Photograph of the Jacob Henry Coonradt memorial tablet. This tablet, which had resided in Decatur High School, was given in appreciation of the long teaching service Coonradt had given the school. He taught there from September 5th, 1881 to December…

Photograph of the Class of 1950 Reunion

SC10-Class_of_1950_Reunion030.jpg
Photograph of the Class of 1950 forty year reunion taken during alumni weekend in June of 1990. Names listed left to right.
Row One: William M. Tangney, Merril Cameron Dees '48, Mrs. Staley, Alice Jones Lambrick, Bill Dickinson, Marian Anderson…

Photograph of a Decatur High School Postcard

SC247-original_DHS_c1900001.jpg
Photographs of a Decatur High School postcard from an unknown date. This is the first high school building, built in 1869 at Broadway and North Streets in Decatur before the second high school was building was built on N. Franklin Street in 1911.

Photographs of the Interior of Decatur High School

SC16-Science Classroom ca 1940018.jpg
Photographs of the interior of Decatur High School including the gym, auditorium, the girls locker room, a science classroom and the music room taken around 1940.

Photographs of the Exterior of Decatur High School

SC8-Building_Franklin_St_Entrance_1977031.jpg
Photographs of Decatur High School taken shortly before it was demolished in 1977. The High School was built at 400 N Franklin St. in 1911.

Photographs of the Exterior of Decatur High School

SC12-Decatur High School SWExterior no date021.jpg
Photographs of the exterior of the Decatur High School main building taken at an unknown date and Kintner Gym taken in 1940.

Photographs of the Construction of Kintner Gym

SC195-DHS-Kintner_Gym_c1940001.jpg
Various photographs taken during the construction of Kintner Gym which was built for Decatur High School in 1940.

Photograph of N. Jackson St. at the 500 Block

HO52-500_N_Jackson_12-31-1911_064.jpg
Photograph of the house at the 500 block of N. Jackson St. This house was built by David S. Shellabarger in 1866. In 1879 he built another home at Franklin and Eldorado which became the Decatur High School annex and was torn down in 1934.

Photo of House on 448 N. Franklin Street.

HO51-448_N_FRANKLIN_ST, D_S_SHELLABARGER_HSE, 11-27-1910.jpg
Photograph of Houses on 448 N. Franklin Street. "Built by D. S. Shellabarger in 1879. The present high school building was started in 1910. In September, 1909, the Shellabarger house and grounds was purchased by the Decatur board of education and…

Ralph R. and Carl A. Wise

BIO474-WISE_RALPH_R_&_CARL_A, C1907.jpg
Photograph of Ralph R. and Carl A. Wise. They are sons of H. B. Wise of Decatur who died in 1940. Ralph now lives in Exeter, Calif and served in World War I. Carl now lives in Galveston, Texas and is the physical director of Y.M.C.A. there. Before…